Location: Dublin, Ireland
Start Date: Immediate
Space Electronics System Engineer
Our Client is a leading manufacturer of rugged, high performance, electronic equipment for aerospace and space avionics applications for some of the world’s leading OEM’s for more than 20 years. They are entering an exciting phase of expansion in the range of technical and business activities responding to the growing demand in the global space sector and are looking for passionate and experienced individuals to work in their engineering design and development team that delivers innovative technical solutions to space Customers.
The Space Electronics System Engineer will join a growing design team developing innovative electronic systems for space applications. The role involves the design, development, test and documentation activities related to new space-based electronics avionics equipment. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented all-rounder with a mix of experience in electronic design and technical analysis who can take responsibility for end-to-end delivery of project deliverables.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can demonstrate initiative and problem-solving capability and ideally with some experience in the design and development of space electronic systems operating in the challenging space environment. An important part of the role will require excellent communications skills to interface with the Customer technical team and with the internal departments who are delivering items and services to the project.
The Space Systems Engineer will report directly to the Engineering Design Manager and work under minimal supervision while assuming responsibility for their assigned tasks with a sense of urgency and attention to detail to deliver the technical solution to our Customer on time and within budget.
• Review Customer’s requirements to determine the first iteration of technical solution
• Analyse the proposed solution to determine compliance with relevant standards and constraints
• Create relevant technical, planning and reporting documentation as required
• Develop and execute engineering, qualification and acceptance tests on space electronic systems
• Collaborate with other members of product/system design and production teams
• Liaison with hardware and software designers, technical management and 3rd party vendors
• Provide pro-active evaluation of schedules to manage programme technical risk
• Ensure engineering activities are carried out within budget and suggest improvements
• Manage and continually develop personal knowledge and skill base
• Provide regular reports to management with detailed reviews of project performance and risk
• Contribute to daily/weekly/monthly Engineering team reviews
Qualifications & Experience
• Honours Degree in a relevant STEM subject or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant Space Electronics Systems Engineering environment
• Fluency in speaking, reading & writing in the English language is mandatory
For further information about this position please Contact us and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
Contact Us return to space jobs